Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Robin Strine

If you live in the Auburn area chances are you have heard of Robin Strine. You may not know her by name, or even know what she looks like, but I am willing to say that you know her story.

On February 16, 1990 Robin was in a freak accident while driving to work. Her life has never been the same. I don't want to spoil the book, so that is all I am saying. Her struggles have recently been published and are titled Into the Darkness...Guided by His Light.

I am lucky enough to know Robin. While I would like to say that I know her personally, I cannot. She has been a friend of my husbands family forever. We now attend the same church. I am even willing to guess that Tommy (her son) will be taller than Ayron, be a star college basketball player, and even in the NBA.

This morning before I came to work I decided to go buy Robin's book at the local Christian bookstore. I was surprised at how quickly I was touched by her story. I knew her story long before it was published, but seeing it in print blew me away. I then decided to search for the book on Amazon and there it was. This woman is truly an inspiration and her story is miraculous. Take the hour to read her story (it's only 75 pages) and then pass her story along to someone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, it was Feb 16, 1990, not 2000.

Carma said...

Opps. Typo!