Monday, November 26, 2007

Inner Peace

I am sure it is apparent by my blog ramblings that life has not been a smooth ride lately, nor do I see smooth sailing ahead (immediate or long term). Last week, Pastor Deihl made a good illustration. I will try my best to sum up the point. Someone who has had bumps along the way will find better ways to cope and will be better for it in the long run. I believe this. I also know how hard it is to live that example. Sure, "I'll be better in the long run" is a comforting thought for the future, but it does little to comfort me during immediate situations.

I was dreading this week. Some major changes will occur this week at work and some major decisions needed to be made in our personal life. I decided to take it one day at a time in an attempt to not overwhelm myself. I was dreading work. I knew that I couldn't "call in sick" because then nothing would get done. So I drug myself to work and I am happy that I did. I started tackling today's list and managed to straighten out a lot of things, here are work as well as in my personal life. I started thinking about how easy it was to straighten it all out and then realized how stressed out I was making myself for nothing. Further thinking/reflection made me realize I have inner peace about my whole life.

It is great to have this peace. To know that I will try my hardest and that He has equipped me with the proper tools or knowledge I need to make it in this world. I have been forced to humble myself lately and that was a bitter pill to swallow. I realize now that while it may have been bitter, it could have been worse. I am grateful for the inner peace He has given me and knowing He will never leave or forsake me is providing me with a much needed dose of sanity to not only face the rest of this week but the rest of my life as well.

No comments: