Thursday, April 26, 2007

Coming to an end

This academic year has flown by. There were times when it felt like it was dragging on. But two of the schools I work will will be done the 24th in May and the other school a couple of days after that.

I know that a lot of kids have come and gone through the program and I'd like to think that we were able to positively impact all of them, but I am a realist. I wonder how many of this kids I'll see next school year or in the after school program?

I sometimes wonder if I could make more of an educational impact if I did work in a traditional classroom in a traditional school with traditional students. Don't get me wrong, even though I moan and groan a lot, I really do like my job. I just want to be one of those "great" teachers that students remember and I don't know if I can do that here.

Maybe it's just the stress of the day talking. I had one student not show. We think we know where he is, but no one from his family will return our calls. I also had to go to court this morning to pick up a new student. I think I'll just go home and take a nap and pretend that today went ok and that everyone learned and had a good day.

No comments: