Monday, April 30, 2007

Great Weekend

We had a great weekend! Friday night we layed low and just relaxed.

Saturday night we went to Fort Wayne with Kianne and Jake. Kianne is an old friend of mine that I have recently reconnected with and Jake is her significant other. It was great that Jake and Ayron decided to ride together in one car and let Kianne and I ride together in the other car. Kianne and I are hoping that our "boys" will become as close as we are. We went to a nice dinner at Triangle Park and laughed at all of the prom people eating dinner. I actually saw some of my former students from my student teaching days. We then went to the mall and started ring shopping for Kianne. It was really cool that Jake, a normally private and shy guy, wanted Ayron and I around for this. I think he just used me as a go between for him and Kianne. One of those middle school situation, "When you went to the bathroom what did she say about ring #1, etc." It was fun though and great to hang out with them again.

Sunday we slept in. For me sleeping in is staying in bed till 7:30. I remember Ayron getting up around 8 to take care of Scooter. Next time I looked at the alarm clock with was 11:30! I still can't believe I slept that long! We managed to mow mom's yard as well as ours, play some catch, and take Scooter for a walk.

It may not seem like a very productive weekend, but it was just what I needed. The end of the school year is in sight and sometimes I think I am more antsy then they kids!

No comments: