Thursday, April 12, 2007

Merry Christmas To Me!!

So I was out and about doing my normal Thursday morning errands. I had an extra stop and was trying to rush back to work with a student on her Algebra. When I walked into my office, my boss was sitting in my chair. Panic set in. Why was he here? He never comes over? What did I do wrong? Turns out he was bringing me a present!

About a month ago I had mentioned briefly that my copier had decided to stop printing on both sides and with all of the copies I have to make, a lot of paper was being wasted. I called a couple of places for a quote, but all of the quotes were way to outrageous. Keeping in mind that I work for a not for profit organization, I decided to just write a grant and hope to get the money for next school year. My boss managed to talk our copier tech guy down and I now have a new copier. It looks so out of place in my computer lab. All shiny and new, sitting next to older than dirt computers on warped tables.

Hopefully next Friday when I met with a grant committee they too will notice our pathetic computer lab and give me some money to buy some new equipment.

No comments: