Friday, March 07, 2008

Not Sure How I Feel

Yesterday was our weekly check up with the nurse midwife. No new news on that front. Still just waiting. Ayron could tell I was disappointed. I wanted her to say something like, "Oh! We better admit you" or "I wouldn't make any plans for tomorrow night."

When we got home Ayron asked if I was disappointed. I couldn't answer him. I didn't know how I felt. I wasn't happy, but I wasn't terribly upset. Sure, I'm tired of being uncomfortable, but at least we don't have the gestation period of elephants (two years). Have I become numb or am I finally willing to let His timing take over my wishful timing?

Earlier this week I had an emotional break through. Pregnancy comes with mega hormones. I like to think that I can keep my emotions in control but the last two weeks have been hard. I've tried to suppress, but the emotions broke through. I guess it really scared Ayron. After all it did come out of left field.

So after my breakdown and yesterdays news, Ayron asked me last night if it was safe to leave me at home alone. He was afraid I'd try to break my own water. I looked at him and said, "How would I even do that?" He replied, "I dunno, a chop stick or something." I started laughing my head off. Nice to know he's concerned, but scary to think that he thinks I'm that far gone that I'd try to break my own water.

3 comments:

Pepper said...

Are you guys planning on going out for Chinese food this weekend? :^P

Anonymous said...

Ew. And Ew to Kianne too! ;)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Completely NOT advisable, but I'm sure you could Google it if you really wanted to find out how it's done!... But you're already taking... what is that supplement that's supposed to help your body get ready for labor... yeah, that.