Thursday, March 27, 2008

Taylor Josiah Reeves

Just wanted to write a "short" blog letting everyone know that Taylor Josiah is here.

He arrived on March 26, 2008 at 9:36pm after 16 hours of labor. Towards the end it was scary. He was "stuck" in the birth canal and was holding his umbilical cord against his right cheek. This was causing unsafe drops in his heart rate. The CNM had just decided that a c-section was going to be the safest route when the dr over her came in, evaluated and announced, "There isn't anytime, we have to get him out now." Luckily, I was out of it so I don't remember that or I really would have panicked. The dr and a nurse pushed on my stomach as I gave my last ditch effort at a push and they were able to get him out. I will say that after over 550 births, Taylor is the first child that my CNM has ever used the vacuum on. She came in this morning all apologetic, but I reassured her that I was happy and apologized for anything I might have told her the night before.

Yeah, I was a bit mouth. At one point I told Ayron his breath stunk and to get out my face. I kicked my mom out because she wasn't rubbing my back hard enough. I am proud (and thankful) to say that my sister stepped in as my back rubber and was in the room the ENTIRE TIME. Yes folks, my weak stomached sister watched the whole thing and I am very grateful she was there.

I do have some pictures to post, but it's been a crazy day and I should try to get some shut eye. They are thinking that the dr will stop in tonight and do the circumcision tonight. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: