Monday, March 03, 2008

She's hysterical!

My youngest niece is hysterical. She just is. She doesn't try to be. But most of the time her innocent comments crack everyone up.

Her family has recently decided to take up goats for 4-H. She is learning the terminology but uses it wrong. "Weathering" is the term used for female goats who will soon be giving birth. Turns out Banana was/is weathering. She knows what to look for and will constantly run out to the garage to check for babies. She came in Saturday night and proudly announced, "Banana's tail is crooked, so she's wuth...weath....she's gonna have babies." We sent her back out to check the goats tail again. She came in and announced, "Never mind, she's just pooping."

Marisa and her sisters also have three baby goats. While she was out playing with them, two of the goats became friendly with each other. Having seen rabbits mate, Marisa started screaming, "Mommy, they are making babies, make them stop, make them stop!" The calmly explained that the babies were just playing and that her boy goat couldn't help the girl goat make babies. When she asked, "Why" we were forced to explain that daddy took his rubber band gun (banding gun) and made sure that the little boy goat didn't make any babies. She thought about it for awhile and then went, "So if you took away his boy parts, what is he? Is he still a goat?" She then realized that Brutus (their dog) had his boy parts taken away and she looked at me and said, "Are you gonna take away Taylor's boy parts?"

One night at dinner my middle niece decided she didn't want to eat what was placed before her. She was told what we always tell the kids in the family. It will be waiting for you when you are hungry, and if you don't eat it before bed, you will eat it for breakfast. After some pouting when the rest of the family started eating dessert, Marisa looked at her and said, "Maddie, just suck it up and eat it, I did and now I get dessert!"

When Ayron and I arrived at her house on Saturday she asked "What took you so long to get here?" We told her, "We had to pick up the pizza's and drive here." She was all confused. We asked her several times to explain herself. Finally, she sighed, got up, pushed in her chair, and started walking towards me. She got really close to my stomach, pointed at my belly button, looked at my stomach and yelled at Taylor, "Hurry up all ready I want to see you." It was hysterical. We had to explain that hopefully Taylor will be here before the Easter bunny comes and leaves candy. So now she thinks the Easter bunny will magically deliver Taylor and instead of me getting candy, I'll get a baby.

I can't wait for this girl to get into kindergarten and talk for "show and tell."

*********
I almost forgot my favorite one. We had the radio on in the background and the song, "Picture to Burn" by Taylor Swift came on the radio. Marisa asked to turn it up so she could sing along. As she is singing, she hesitates, looks at her mom and says, "This song has a bad word in it." Her mom explained that if she sang the word when the song was on the radio it was ok. So according to my niece, the song sings like this:

"I hate that stupid (the word she is not allowed to say but managed to sing it very loudly and with emphasis) old hickup truck you ever let me drive. You a redneck, heartbreak, who isn't good at laying. "

The real lyrics: I hate that stupid old pickup truck you never let me drive. You're a redneck, heart break, who's really be a lie."

So now every time I see a pick up truck, I laugh and say to Ayron, "One day, I'm gonna drive a hickup truck."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiccup truck! Cuuute!

Remember "calipittars?" ;)

Re: "I can't wait for this girl to get into kindergarten and talk for 'show and tell.'"

Unfortunately, once she does start school, Marisa's verbosity is more thank likely going to get her in trouble... time and again. It sucks that our educational system only tends to try to quell the bright and outgoing kids, so as to pull them backwards and into the rest of the herd of ordinariness--or worse. She's the kind of kid I'd love to see get the chance at a Montessori program--or even some form of home-schooling.