Friday, February 15, 2008

Different Stages in Life

* This is not intended to tick anyone off, it is merely rambelings from my mind put into "print"

A friend recently told me she was sick of hearing about everyone's pregnancy news. She is not married nor is she pregnant, so I can understand that. She didn't say it to hurt my feelings and I know that. I don't think she hurt my feelings, but I'm sure I have some emotional conflict down in there some place that will shoot out if I don't ramble about it now.

I can see things from her point of view. Everyone around her is married and or having kids. She isn't and doesn't plan on having kids for some time. I try to keep my baby talk to her a minium, but I know that it slips out. It is the highlight of my life right now and I want to share it. I guess I don't stop to think how it might make her feel. I have several friends who are pregnant or who are trying right now and since we all have baby on the brain, we talk about baby related topics.

I can also see things from a different point of view. I have two friends (one is the previously mentioned friend) who are "single." By that I mean, not married. One is in a relationship and lives with the guy, the other is clearly single. Just as I am sure they are sick of hearing about baby things, I too get sick of hearing bar stories. I am not a drinker. I have never been a bar hopper. I've never been a partier. I don't stay out till 4 am. I get up at 4am to go potty, but I don't just stumble in at 4am. Don't they realize that I am not a fan of hearing their bar/drunken stories just like they aren't a fan of hearing my baby stories?

I guess it just boils down to being in two different places in our lives. I am throughly happy with my life and where I am at in my life. So I apologize if my baby talk is too much for you, but relalize that a majority of my friends are in the same stage as I am so that is what my mind is focused on.

1 comment:

Pepper said...

I think you misunderstood the email and my blog post. I am sick and tired of people telling me that I need to have kids, and I am sick of people looking at me like I am crazy when I tell them I don't think I even want kids.

While I don't deny that I am a bit of a partier, and that I am sure I have shared some of my escapades with you, I talk about WAY more things than just partying. Also, I have always been a partier and you have always been more of a motherly type, so this is nothing new. I don't think it's that you and I are necessarily at different stages in life so much as it is that we are VERY different people altogether. Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you.

I know I sould like a total beeyotch when I say that I don't care to hear about people being pregnant and haivng kids, and such! It's more that kids are something that don't interest me in the least, just like Dressage is something that you don't give two hoots about. You don't care, so I don't talk about it. You and I have never really been into the same types of things, except for 'N Sync, LOL!! That is something that I don't ever see changing.

You know that I am very excited for you, and that I do care about your health, as well as the health of the baby. It's not that I don't care, I guess I am just at a loss for a better word.

My point here: I just want people to stop telling me that I should have kids, and I want people to stop acting as if something is wrong with me for not wanting them at all. I think this whole thing was just misconstrued!