Monday, February 18, 2008

Unexpecting Sighting

Ayron and I spent Saturday afternoon diligently spending our tax refund check on neccesary baby items. We even had coupons (Oh my gosh, I'm turning into my mother!). But that's another blog. Anyways...

After a long afternoon of shopping we decided to eat at Casa's. When we got there, the wait was 45 minutes and there were a lot of gussied up concert goers. I knew that Rascal Flatts had a concert right across the street, but I thought it had already begun. We decided not to hang around and as we were walking out and complaining about the wait with a couple of gussied up concert goers we learned that due to illness the concert was cancelled. As we were pulling out of the parking lot, I happened to look across the street at all of the semis and buses. I was day dreaming about what it would be like to be on tour when I noticed a guy walking towards the parking booth attendant. It was Gary LeVox! There he was, just walking around the parking lot waiting for everything to be loaded up so they could hit the road. It was hysterical to watch him just hang out in the parking booth. A mini van full of teenage girls pulled into that entrance (obviously not aware that the concert had been canceled). Can you imagine the loudness of their screams when they realize they weren't talking to a parking lot attendant, but the lead singer of Rascal Flatts?


Ok, so the whole incident made my weekend. I was going to buy tickets to the show (having never been to a real concert) but I didn't because I knew that if I bought tickets, Taylor Josiah would decide to show up early. Now that the concert has been reschedueled for May 9, I'm wondering if I could find a pair of tickets....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The singer's name is Gary LaVox? That has *totally* got to be a stage name... Roughly, in French, LaVox would translate to "The Voice."