Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sympathy Contractions Part II

My friend had her baby around 5pm last night. Little Hunter Michael came in at 7lbs. 1 ounce (I thought he'd be bigger) and approx. 21 inches long. I plan on going to see them tonight and hearing about her birthing experience. Don't worry, there is nothing she could tell me that would freak me out!

My contractions were so strong yesterday afternoon that I got to thinking...."I wonder if anyone else is in labor?" So I emailed a friend of mine, T, to see if his wife was in labor. Sure enough, this morning I got an email saying that an hour after I sent the email their little bundle of joy was born. Yesterday must have been a good day to have a boy!

I'm finally starting to look pregnant instead of just pudgy. When I walked into my other office yesterday my one co-worker went, "YOU'RE PREGNANT!" I was caught off guard. She knew I was, she gave me a gift, why is she so shocked now? When I questioned her she said, "Yeah, but now you finally look the part!" It cracked me up. I am starting to really have the signs of being 36 weeks prego. I have been able to avoid the swollen ankles (knock on wood) but just walking the block to my other office leaves me winded. Heck, getting dressed (mind you, in layers, it's cold here) makes me want to go back to bed for a quick nap! Only 33 more days till the due date!!

No comments: