Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Changes

My uncle and I were chatting yesterday and the idea that change, for some people, can be extremely difficult. I don't consider myself one of those people. However, I do know that I can get stuck in ruts and I allow those ruts to swallow me. I tend to not ask for help. I know that i am not Wonder Woman, but I like to think of myself as being fairly independent.

After thinking about our chat all night, something kept ringing in my head (no, I didn't lose my hearing at STOMP). T, my uncle, said something about how even just changing the furniture arrangement can be a frightful change. I have been feeling the grasps of a major rut at work. I try not to ruffle feathers because my programs are tied to many other programs and individuals. I needed a change but not a big change. I didn't want the ripples of my stone to affect too many people.

So I decided to rearrange my office. It needed to be cleaned and have the floor swept, so as I had the couch pulled out, I thought, what the heck. I realized half way through my effort that I would need help making sure all of the cords were plugged into the right places. My boss to the rescue. My quick 5 minute change turned into a 30 minute straightening wire/cord fest. It is done now and I like it. I feel like I have more room and it's more relaxing. Although now that I look around the room, I realize that my cork board is crooked and that bug me until I fix it.

Where did I put my level?

No comments: