Friday, May 25, 2007

What's The Big Deal

First, read this article.

What's the big deal. I've never seen Star Wars and no one wrote an article about me. As I think about it, there are a lot of things I've never seen that a lot of other people have, heck there are things I've never done too.

I have never seen Star Wars.

I have never seen "The Sound of Music" (movie) all the way through. I've seen bits and pieces but never watched the whole thing in one setting. I have been to places in Europe where the scenes were filmed. I've visited the monastery, which is at the top of a very steep hill. I've belted my heart out by the cement lions, but I've never seen the movie.

I have never been to a real concert. I have seen Josh Gracin at the Dekalb County Fair, but never bought a real concert ticket. I've seen the Newsboys at a convention, but never a real ticket.

I am sure there are more, but I also know that I have done a lot of things people haven't.

I have had the privilege of going overseas twice. I have seen castles, towers, oceans, monkeys, the tip of Africa, the filming of James Bond all while being overseas.

I have been to the world's largest McDonald's. Not once, oh no, TWICE! It's actually really cool.

I have attended a Big Ten university and failed to see the appeal.

I have gotten married to wonderful man.

I have done a lot of cool things, so many that they outweigh the things I haven't done. What things have you done or not done?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone, Carma. I've never seen Star Wars. I don't know what the big deal is either.I really don't have a desire to ever watch it.

Pepper said...

We did see Star Wars, Carma, on the bus on the way to DC in 8th grade. But I think we just ignored the movie and talked about "J Spot" and "Running D"!!

Anonymous said...

I have never had stitches, a broken bone, any surgeries, nor a tooth pulled.

That's all I can think of right now...