Thursday, May 31, 2007

Trying Something New

I decided to try something new (gee, I wonder where I ever got the title for this post) when it came to planning dinner. Ayron and I had gotten into a rut about not planning dinner until we got home, and by that point, both of us were too tired to cook or clean up.

As I sat down yesterday after work to make the shopping list, I decided to plan the dinner meals like I do for my after school program. This made creating the shopping list and only buying what we needed easier. The handmade calendar is on our fridge and now every morning I can look at it, and pull anything out of the freezer that I'll need to make dinner. It seems very corny, even mother like (Natalee, go ahead and tsk and give me a mommy, not like I'm there to smack you when you do it).

As I was planning the meals, I looked through our cook books and decided to try some new dishes in the next couple of weeks. I am going to attempt to make some different casseroles, but I have a question about them. Ayron and I can't eat a whole 9 x 13 pan of casserole before it goes bad. So I figured I would freeze most of the left overs in single serving sizes. How do I freeze them? Ok Ok, all you smart donkeys out there, I know, but them in the freezer. What should I put them in? What type of containers? Do they make specific containers that I can buy without going broke? Anyone have experience doing this? I am assuming as soon as I hit "publish" I'll get an email from my aunt and I am hoping she has advice.

3 comments:

Pepper said...

Gladware! It's the most wonderful and practical kitchen invention. I don't know if it's designed for this purpose, but I do it. They also have those machines that shrink-wrap your food, I sold them all of the time @ Gander...Food Savers.

Anonymous said...

I second the Gladware. We freeze leftovers in the those things at our place all the time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and BTW... Here's that 'Mommy' I owe you...