Monday, May 07, 2007

Ticked Off Parent Day

Today must be "Ticked Off Parent Day" and no one informed the teacher. It's only 9am and if I smoked (which I never have and never will) I would have gone through a pack by now!

I have one family that is mad because I informed them that their son has been removed from my program for 4 rule violations. 3 of those violations being MAJOR violations and one being a minor one. They, meaning the dad, decided the best way to deal with me is through force and intimidation, lets just say that his method didn't work!

Another family is mad at me because their 12 year old tested positive for THC at a very high level. It was a random drug screen of everyone in the program. I did not single their child out, and when you enroll your child in my program, you give your permission (it is in the handbook and paperwork) for me to do random drug screens. They also decided to let me know that they are not happy with me. I wouldn't be happy with the child, but hey, that's just my thinking.

Just pray that this week will not be as bad as last week. I can see summer break, and while the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer, it still seems so far away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carma,
I, too, am in education and know one of the challenges can be misplaced parent anger/frustration. I like your title "Ticked Off Parent Day"; I should probably forward it to my friend who works with RSP students.
By the way, Scooter looks to be a beagle, not a bassett. My parents have a beagle and she looks just like Scooter.
Keven

Carma said...

Keven,

Scooter is a bassett hound, but he hasn't gotten all of his length yet. He is now around 50 lbs and will get up to 70lbs.

I run my own school or students that have been suspended or expelled from the local schools for various reasons. I often get the brunt of ticked off parents. What the parents don't realize is if they don't make it here, they are placed out of home in a detention center.