Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer Reading List (revisited)

I will admit that my summer reading list has been placed on the back burner as the month progressed. I did bring a book with me to work today to read this afternoon. I hope to get back into the swing of reading once my day students are finished with the program.

I decided to pull the Indiana Department of Education 2007 Summer Reading list off line this morning. I will admit that I like the variety of books they have on the list. But I did notice that secular entertainment has found its way on to the summer list. It seems that theme of pirates has become the "It" thing. On the list you can find, Pirates of the Caribbean Visual Guide as well as Pirateology. Not to be forgotten, Star Wars also found its way onto the list with Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary and Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination.

I did find several books that I would like to read. I think that I will be making a trip to the library this week to see how many of them are on the shelves.

No comments: