Friday, May 25, 2007

School Delay

When I woke up this morning I saw that East Noble had a two hour delay. I thought that they were having power problems again, since they already did once this week. Then Ayron calls me and says, "The delay was for a bomb!" I panic. I know some teachers there and one of the administrators. So I search the local news websites and this is what I found.

Suspicious Package Causes Two Hour Delay at Area High School
May 25, 2007 09:26 AM EDT


"(Noble County-WANE-KPC News) Indiana State Police bomb technicians were called to East Noble High School after a suspicious looking package was found leaning against the front doors of the school. School officials instituted a two-hour delay while police assessed the situation. They decided to call in the ISP technicians as a precaution.

The package had Fed-Ex markings and was addressed to a business, not the school, however there was some writing done with a red marker that indicated the package was intended for the East Noble softball coach. The ISP technicians detonated the package at about 7:15, and that's when they learned it contained flyers advertising an East Noble softball team fundraiser. The explosion did not cause any damage to the building. Several field trips were canceled because of the delay. "

I can just picture the bomb squad in their gear and when they detonate the box, its like a confetti rain. It's not supposed to be funny. It could have been a bomb. I don't think they would have been so surprised had it been a bomb. I wish I could know what was said as the newly exploded flyers were finding their way back to the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That's *giggle* really *guffaw* serious, and not funny *tee hee* AT ALL! *ROFLMAO picturing the confetti!*