Friday, May 11, 2007

Summer Reading

So I started my summer reading list a little early. I realized today, when trying to decide which book to bring to work, that I have started 3 books. I am almost done with Power Source: Taking Charge of Your Life. I started reading this one for work. The book is actually geared towards juveniles in the "system." I am hoping to adapt it and use it in the after school program. I am also reading The Four Seasons of Marriage. I am finding this book very predictable. I am really only a quarter of the way through the book and I am hoping that his thoughts become more profound. I also started That Crazy Little Thing Called Love. This book I like. I'm only a chapter into it, but so far I like it. It mixes the lyrics of "modern" love songs with Biblical stories to make it's point. Did you know that Eric Clapton wrote "Wonderful Tonight" while waiting for his wife to settle on an outfit?

I will admit that when I opened my amazon.com box and had all of the books out on the table Ayron panicked. He asked me, "What's with all the marriage books?" I assured him that nothing was wrong, I just wanted to read all of them. Heck, he's even started reading All I Really Need to Know I learned in Kindergarten.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Good stuff. I like Robert Fulghum (I have his other two books), even though I occasionally get annoyed because he's a universalist.