Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Are you joking?

On the first Wednesday of every other month we have a big office meeting. Our advisory board meets and we go through all the formal motions, etc. Well, for each meeting I am in charge of getting the food around. We order food from the Wal-Mart deli since we have a credit card for Wal-Mart. Every other month for the past 2 years I have been ordering the same thing. The week before the meeting I call and place the same order as the time before.

This morning I went to Wal-Mart to get my order and alas, no food. They looked at me like I was crazy. They told me that I was in early and picked it up. Um...no. At ten o-clock this morning I was at my computer desk returning emails, I was not picking up my order. I told the lady that I called the order in for eleven o'clock and reminded her what I ordered. They looked in their cooler 4 times and still no food. The worker looked at me and said, "How do we know that you're from Community Corrections?" Ummm? The fact that I am wearing an embroidered polo and my county badge which clearly reads "Community Corrections" with my picture on it, is clipped to my collar might be proof that I am who I say I am! I had to laugh. After one more attempt to find my food in the freezer the worker said, "Oh well, guess we don't have it. We can give you the subs that are in the fridge though." I told her, "You already screwed up my order, why would I allow you to screw up another persons order!" I just grabbed some pre-made subs from their case and left. It ended up being cheaper and we didn't have nearly as much left over food as we usually do.

I guess it all worked out and everyone was happy with my last minute choice, but I had to laugh at the lady. "How do we know you're with Community Corrections?"
What more proof did they want? A copy of my pay stub?

1 comment:

Kym said...

AHHHHH HAHA people are so dumb...


WOW


Thats all I have to say!