Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Our House...

Is a very very very fine house. Ok, so we live in a great part of Auburn with a great yard! Our house is older and a bit out of date, but I like it. I don't know why but I fell in love with it when we first walked through it.

Last night we had a contractor over (my father in law) to help us plan a spring remodeling project. Our house currently has 960sq. feet of living space. Our "4 Seasons" room doesn't count as living space. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a 4 seasons room, more like a 2 seasons room. Our goal is to completely gut it, redo the outside, new windows, new door, etc. This way we can make that our "living/play room." I can't wait to utilize that space...anywhooo.

So my mother in law and I were chatting and she told me that a family who attends the pre-school she works at (well, the child attends, not the parents) are in the middle of building a home. The play room is 1,200sq feet. THIS KIDS PLAY ROOM WILL BE BIGGER THAN MY HOUSE! That just seems wrong to me. What is he going to do with that much space? If he has enough toys to fill that large amount of space then he has too many toys!

No comments: