Thursday, October 09, 2008

Proactive

So I have decided to be proactive. I am going to start taking control of my life and get things done instead of waiting for things to happen. Sounds good right? Here is how I am going to start, and feel free to offer suggestions.

1.) Declutter- We have so much STUFF. It's just that, stuff. We don't use it. It could be highly useful to someone else, but we have no use for it. It merely takes up space in our garage and shed. Frankly, I would like to be able to park my car in the garage again. My plan to simplify? Ebay. Yep, we are going to go through some things and Ebay them. Ayron has experience doing that kind of thing thanks to Taylor Rental, so I am going to learn. There is also something cathartic about out with the old.

2.) Increase $- Don't misunderstand me, we are not greedy people. I am putting us on a VERY TIGHT monetary diet and all unnecessary spending will be cut. I will miss going out to eat after church on Saturday, but right now, that isn't a necessity. I would like to begin tutoring in the evenings, but I don't know how to go about advertising my services. I am a state licensed teacher and I have experience in all subject (just not advanced Math) and would be able to help with homework or studying for tests. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to start getting my name out there?

3.) Take ME Time- I don't really get a chance to do much for myself during the day, unless you count a shower. I am the type who would rather do everything for someone else than anything for herself. I might start going to MOPS at church. Even if it's just taking the dog in the backyard and playing with him. Something to de-stress.

So far that is all I have, but it's a start. I am really serious about starting to tutor students. I just really have no clue where to start. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

1 comment:

sarah, rsm said...

Is there a church flyer you can advertise your tutoring services in? How about the INFO. BOARDS at the Entrances/Exits of WalMart, Public Library, Day Care Centers? Maybe even take out a classified ad in the local paper?