Monday, October 06, 2008

Ultimate Fighting

Saturday night Ayron and I watched the "Ultimate Fight Night" on CBS. We have done this before and I am still shocked that people willingly do this to their bodies. What is the point? Big deal, so you can spend all day in the gym and beat up another person in a cage. Good for you.

Awhile back our town had an ultimate fight night (not the ones held by the CCC). Ayron and I happened to be at Applebees for dinner and one of the fighters came in before the fight. He ordered an appetizer sampler platter and SEVERAL drinks. His bill was over $100. Keep in mind that only $10 of that bill was food. Then again, if I was going to get into a cage and fight maybe I would need a little liquid courage too. The next day Ayron and I saw the guy walking around Wal-Mart. His face was swollen, lips busted open, he was limping. Basically, it looked like he had been run over by a semi.

I just don't see why. What is the point? You roll around in some cage where there is already blood on the mat. My first thought was, "Do they test the fighters to make sure they don't have any blood born illnesses? How sanitary is it? Blood, sweat, tears, spit, yuckiness.

I did watch the female match. The one competitor, Gina, is actually one of the American Gladiators. It amazes me (we have seen two of her matches) how she takes some serious blows to the face, but she comes out looking just like she did going in. How is that possible? Her competitors are all beat up, bruised, bleeding, swollen, and she walks out of the cage with a split lip. I think her face may be made of concrete. Just a thought though.

I think it would be funny to see these cage fighters compete on "Dancing With The Stars." Lets see how graceful they are in high heels and tuxes!

No comments: