Tuesday, November 25, 2008

2 Hour Delay

Like some people, I went into education to have my summers off! I also enjoy the occasional snow day. I woke up this morning to discover I had a two hour delay. I wasn't that excited. Since my "school" doesn't start till 10, 2 hour delays don't mess with our schedule. I had the panicked phone call from a parent, "What do we do?" I had to explain, "We don't start till 10 any way!"

As I sat eating my frosted mini wheats I kept watching the scrolling schools on the bottom of the screen. I became a kid again. "Please let them close!" I wanted to stay home and do laundry of all things! I gave up and headed into work around 8:15. The highway wasn't great, but it wasn't THAT bad either.

The teacher in me says, "Good, we are still on track with our days." The student in me pouts, "But I wanted a snow day!"

No comments: