Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Clean House

I give up! For the past 7 months I have been pulling my hair out trying to keep a clean house. I give up. If you come and visit me and think, "Man! Look at that pile of dishes!" or "Why is the laundry still on the drying rack? It's dry." I'm sorry.

It was easy to get everything done and have dinner on the table by 5:30 when I was on maternity leave. Working full time and taking care of Taylor complicates that. I have decided to spend my afternoon time (all of 45 minutes) from when I get home till Ayron gets home playing with Taylor and Scooter instead of frantically cleaning my house like the cleaning inspector is coming to visit. I used to freak out if one dish was in the sink. Not anymore. This morning BOTH sides of the sink were full of dishes! I would normally run home, unload the dishwasher, then reload it. Then i would move on to vacuuming up the spare dog hair (which is EVERYWHERE) and then laundry. NOT TODAY! I am going to go home and read a book with Taylor.

My priorities are changing. I will clean the house, don't get wrong, but I am not going to stress myself out if the dishes aren't done and the house isn't spotless by 5pm.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

I've been trying to get Bethany to realize that a slightly messy house doesn't mean she's a terrible wife and mother. We have TWO TORNADOES plus a cat living with us, for crying out loud! We can have a spotless house when the kids move out, and so can you.