Thursday, November 20, 2008

Drive Time

I have a 30 minute commute to work each day. The morning drive allows me to think and prepare for the day. Knowing that I have a pretty calm day today (although when I say that, it is never calm) I was "sight seeing" on my drive to work. I was marveling at the trees, nature, etc when Creed's song Arms Wide Open came on the radio. The song talks about a man who just learned his wife was pregnant and he begins to pray. The song got me thinking. How can someone look at nature and all that it encompasses and childbirth and not believe in a higher power?

I often wondered the same thing when I was pregnant. Knowing what my body was doing and how I didn't have to think "Ok cells, divide. Ok heart, make your chambers." It just happened. How can someone know that and not believe?

Sure there are a lot of bad things in their world, but I feel everything happens for a reason and having one bad thing happen is not a reason to try to ignore that there is a God who is watching out for us.

I guess I just don't see how people can't believe.

No comments: