Monday, November 24, 2008

Only Me

I have a lot of stupid things happen to me. I have just come to accept it.

This morning I slid through an intersection on my way to get gas. Thank God, no one was coming and all is well. I ran into the Angola Wal-Mart and bought conditioner, then drove over to the Murphy USA Gas Station ($1.57 a gallon!) where I filled up my car for $21!!

I came to work, shoveled the side walk, and went through my usual morning routine. I decided Applebees sounded good for lunch so I called and placed my order. I was getting around to go pick up my food when I realized I couldn't find my debit card. I tore apart my purse, checked coat and clothing pockets. I went though the car, retraced my steps, I did it all. I even went and dug through the snow I shoveled. Nothing. I called the gas station, "No one has turned in a card." I checked our account balance on line, nothing had been bought, so I knew it wasn't being used. I knew if I called and cancelled my card I would immediately find it, so I hesitated. I decided to check the car one last time.

I bent at the waist to check under the car and something hit me on the head. I looked at the ground and there was my debit card! Sitting up in the tree was Squirrelo, our pet squirrel. See, Squirrelo won't leave. We have tried. His favorite activity is torturing us. He likes to throw things at the back door on drop them on people. He is a rolly polly thing and we have tried to chase him off several times, he fights back!

Part of me thought, "That stupid squirrel stole my debit card." Then I realized that my card fell out of the hood of my coat. I have no clue how it got into the hood of my coat, but I think that sounds a little better than "Squirrelo stole it!"

No comments: