Monday, November 10, 2008

GIANT BABY!

Yesterday morning I had the house to myself (well Scooter was there) so I decided to go through Taylor's clothes and pack up what didn't fit. I then went to Wal-Mart to look for a couple of things he needed. I started really looking at the tags and the weight and height suggestions on them. According to the tags, my child is in 12 or 18 month clothes. The only problem is the pants don't fit. He is a long child, but he has a LONG torso. I did manage to find some shirts on clearance that I got him for $2 a piece. I kept finding myself wandering back to the cute baby onesie type outfits. I finally realized that our days of cute one piece outfits are over.

There were three outfits I couldn't bring myself to pack up, so I took them to my mom and she cut off the legs and hemmed the edges and BAM, he now has three long sleeved shirts! Two of those outfits we bought last month and he outgrew them that fast.

I guess this is what I get for marrying a giant. Taylor is 7 1/2 months and 29 inches long. He weighs 21 lbs. That goat's milk really helped him pack on the pounds!

I have to wonder IF (don't go reading into this) we have another child and it is a girl will she be a beast like her brother? I hope not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are aware that extenders are made for onzies? They are maybe 3 inches long and they have snaps on either side. Saves a lot of cash in the winter months when babies have pants on over the onzie and no one can see anyway.

Carma said...

My mother in law told me about them, but I can't find them. I'm sure that if I made a trip down to Babies R Us I could find them.