Tuesday, September 02, 2008

4 please

This afternoon I dove into my mini fridge to discover that I left my lunch sitting on the counter at home. Bummer. I thought I could last all day with no lunch, but alas, George (that is what my stomach is named) made his anger known, so I headed to Burger King.

I ordered my sandwich and then decided to treat my students and employee with a piece of pie. I politely asked the lady if I could add 4 pieces of the Hershey Sundae pie to my order. She looked at me like I was crazy. Then it hit me, she thought I was going to eat all 4 pieces myself! I suddenly felt the need to justify my purchase, "I have some hungry co-workers." That seemed to change her attitude and she was more than willing to recalculate my order. I chuckled to myself on my way back to work. We all sat and ate our pie together (this is the closest thing these kids get to a family meal where everyone sits down at once) and chat. I couldn't even eat half of my piece. The pie was so rich. No wonder the lady looked at me funny when she thought I was going to eat all 4 pieces myself.

I am now patiently waiting for my sugar buzz to kick in!

No comments: