Tuesday, September 02, 2008

No One Is Perfect

**This is not intended to start a political debate about what side is better. I am not the type of talk politics and frankly I can't wait till the elections are over!

McCain chose his running mate, Sarah Palin. That has been all over the news all weekend. Being in politics your life is scrutinized. Every detail from your schooling down to what ply of toilet paper you use (ok, so maybe not that drastic). I am getting fet up with the media. Before I start my rant, I will say that I do not know much about Palin or her family, that being said...

I heard the media glamorize Palin because while pregnant with her 5th child she and her husband learned their son would be down syndrome and they chose not to abort. Good for them. The media made them appear as to be godlike because they choose life. How many other couples who learn the same news get praised for their decision to carry the pregnancy full term and raise their child? Heck, they thought I was going to be down syndrome and they choose to keep me. Does that mean my parents should get a medal and standing ovation? How about the couple that knows their child will have Tae Sacks disease but decides to go ahead with the pregnancy and care for that child no matter what the problems? No one does a news story about the struggles they will face. Yes, I am grateful that they chose life and that child is lucky. He was born into a family that has the financial and emotional means to properly care for him.

This morning I heard that Palin is being criticized because her 17 year old daughter is pregnant by her 18 year old boyfriend. Ok, so I am not going to promote out of wedlock pregnancy but I do acknowledge that Palin was probably not in the bedroom prompting her daughter to have premarital sex. Point is, we can instill our values in our children and we can try our hardest to lead them down the path we feel is best, but we all have free will. We all make mistakes. How can we judge someone because a family member has made a decision we feel is wrong? If that were the case, I would have been damned a long time ago. We all would have!

Case and point....NO ONE IS PERFECT! How can be judge each other by acts committed by other people?

No comments: