Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Don't Wanna Work

After going through my usual Monday morning routine at work this morning (yes I know it's a Tuesday, but yesterday was a holiday) I decided to cruise facebook to see what was new. I was surprised how many statuses (is that the correct pluralization??) mentioned not wanting to go to work.

Do THAT many people dislike their job? If you truly dislike your job, why do you still work there? How does your attitude about going to work effect your performance at work?

I'll admit, I have my days when I would rather stay at home, but it's not because I don't like my job. I love my job. I know it is difficult and I know that I have complained in the past, but I will admit that I have a cool job! I am basically my own boss and the principal of my own school which I help create. I get to met some very interesting students and while many of them are misunderstood and troublemakers, they are just seeking someone to connect with. I get to hear so many interesting stories and learn so many things from these kids (lets just say that TJ will not be able to get away with anything when he grows up!) On the days I want to stay home it is to be with TJ or Ayron or heck, even just chill with Scooter!

I hope I never get to the point that I dread getting up and going to work. That would be a shame.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

I don't hate my job, but it's certainly not my dream. I need a job where I get paid to read books. Sigh. Maybe I'll get my Ph.D. in History and teach at a university.