Monday, September 29, 2008

Seat Belts

Seat Belts are required in our state. While I don't know the extent of the law, I do know that in the front seat, regardless of vehicle, age, or weight, seat belts are required. I am a personal believer in seat belts. They have saved my life once (way back in fifth grade) and my sister in law's life. That being said.

If you are a police, sheriff, fire fighter, etc and you are in a parade WEAR A SEAT BELT! I get it, you are driving slow, you're not going to wreck. But keep in mind that you are driving slow enough that the kids watching the parade can see you. They can see that the police man isn't wearing a seat belt. What kind of example are you setting? I was appalled at how many police and fire fighters weren't wearing seat belts in the DeKalb County Free Fall Fair parade on Saturday.

Little kids looks up to people in uniform. I don't care if you like it or not, but they usually view people in uniform as heroes (as many of them are!) and they will mimic what their hero's do. SO WEAR A STINKING SEAT BELT!!

No comments: