Friday, September 19, 2008

Airing Out Clean Laundry

Our dryer has been broken for some time now. We aren't in any hurry to fix it since the weather has been nice and we (by we I mean me) can utilize our clothes line.

Ayron hates when I hang laundry outside to dry for two reasons: "It's all stiff." "Everyone can see my underwear."

I solved the first complaint and started using fabric softener (I am in love with the scent of Snuggle Ayron brought!).

He is still upset about his underwear being outside. Unless you are in our backyard you aren't going to see our underwear drying. Why is it such a big deal? We all wear underwear and hopefully we all wash them regularly (after ONE wear), so why is it odd to see underwear hanging on a line to dry? It's not like we have odd underwear, so why does it matter?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, you are aware you can hang clothes out to dry in freezing weather, too, aren't you?
The water simply freezes, and then sublimes.
The sublimation is fairly quick because of the texture of the fabric.

Of course, I've never actually tried this...

Anonymous said...

If you have a clothesline with multiple lines, try hanging your underwear on the inside line. Duh!

Carma said...

Ok Anonymous, no need for the "duh." Did you miss the part about how no one can see our backyard therefore no one can see the laundry?