Friday, January 12, 2007

Am I Getting Old??

As I was driving to work today, I decided to listen to an old cd I had burned my freshman year in college. It was full of those dopey love songs that were cool back in 2001. It hit me, Ayron and I will have been together for 6 years tomorrow. That is a long time. Then it hit me even harder, today is Madison's (our niece) 9th birthday. I know that I'm not old, I'm only 23, but still. I never would have thought that at 23 I would have been in a relationship for 6 years, have a house, dog, 3 nieces, and an extended family I'd love so much. My age was further revealed to me when I decided to listen to music at work. I put in a cd I made right after I got back from Spain (summer of 2001) and I am astounded that I could have ever liked this music. Bow Wow? I know that I never like his work, but I know that for some reason it was the punch line of many jokes those two weeks across the pond, but now I can't remember why and that scares me. That was only a couple of years ago.... Oh wait, I remember (the song was set on repeat on the in flight radio), phew, I'm not losing my mind.

2 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

I'll be thirty in two years.

The first tape (yes, cassette tape) I ever bought was Huey Lewis and the News. It had their song, "Stuck With You" on it. It's a good song.

I was flipping through the radio stations in my car a while back, and I heard that song. So I was jammin', enjoying a trip to yesteryear. Happy as a clam.

Until I looked down and saw what station a piece of my childhood was playing on.

Oldies 101.7

Ouch.

Anonymous said...

naa...you're not old.

if you were old, then i would be, well, older yet.

and since i'm not old, you can't be, either. right?