Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The New Me


Since none of my students decided to show up yesterday, I took the afternoon off and decided to go get new glasses. I thought I was going to have to order them, and them come back and get them. I was lucky and they had both my frames and lenses in stock. Thanks to Greg I was able to walk out of there in 1/2 an hour with new spectacles. Here are what they look like. Mine are a dark red though, not black.
So as I was getting around this morning, I decided to wear my glasses. Well, actually I had made the decision awhile back. I have been wearing my contacts too much and my eyes were starting to warp and I've already had one bad eye infection, but back to my point. I knew I had the meeting with the commissioners today (that's another post) so I wanted to look decent, but not dressed up (they are not dressed up people around here). I decided to wear khakis, my red YIP polo with a white long sleeve shirt underneath. I recently had my hair professionally colored and once I put myself all together this morning, I didn't look like me.
I ran into my other office (across the street) to grab some paperwork, and one of the members of the CC Board (the one that suggested my nomination as a full time employee) looked at me funny when I pulled out my badge, swiped it by the wall, and walked in (the doors are locked and our badges allow us to enter without calling security and identifying ourselves). He asked someone who I was, and she said "Carma...you know her." He looked at me for a good minute and went, "Nope, that's not her. Are you sure?" Keep in mind I'm in "my" office and he doesn't think he can hear me." He finally realized it was me and came over and said, "You don't look anything like you used to." I said thank you. To be honest, I wanted that. I didn't want a drastic change, hence the subtle hair color, but I wanted to look different, older, more put together. I think the glasses may have been the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glasses are sexy. (Can I say that to my sister without it sounding too creepy?)

Well, anyway... they are.