Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Working 9-5

Today is my first day as an official full time employee of the county. It is only 2, and I'm exhausted. I've worked full time in the past, but not like this. I feel like I'm split between four departments, two of them being my own programs. I have two students out today, so that allowed me some more time to get things caught up and reports filed. I even managed to clean out the cupboards and fridge this morning and grocery shop! Not to mention, make Kool-Aid!

Today is the last day for one of my students in the after school program. This will be he second time through the program. In the last two months, he has really stepped up and taken on a fatherly type roll with the middle school boys. I'm afraid that when he doesn't return, their behavior will go to squat. I am enrolling another middle school boy tomorrow so the ratio remains 3:1 (boys to girls). I was surprised that I didn't have as many messages on the answering machine as I did. I thought that a ton of students would get into trouble over break, but I was wrong. Thankfully, none of mine did, so it looks like I can avoid court for another week!

Well, I do have some grading to complete and transcripts to start.

No comments: