Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Reconnecting

I managed to drag myself to work yesterday and today. I haven't been feeling well and my back has been the main source of pain. I am glad that I came in yesterday though. While I did get some work done, I also spent a large amount of my day chatting with an old friend. We grew up together, but lost touch until our freshman year in college, and that contact was brief. Our mothers ran into each other at Wal-Mart and I was able to get his current contact information. He is currently working overseas for 3 weeks, but we have talked more in the past week than we have in 7 years. It was cool to reconnect and remember all of the silly things we used to do as kids. We did talk about timing. I am a firm believer that everything happens in God's time and while we may not understand it, we need to accept it. We were talking and wondering why we had drifted apart and thinking back and wishing we hadn't. There were so many situations in both of our lives where each other would have been helpful. For some reason, God waited till now. I don't know why, and yes I wish he hadn't waited this long, but like I said, I accept it. It's funny though. I was driving to the chiropractor yesterday thinking through our almost 2 hour chat and thinking, "I would like to fly out there and visit him this summer." It's funny how after almost 9 years of not interacting we were able to interact like no time had passed.

No comments: