Monday, January 22, 2007

Am I the Only One??

Today has got me thinking, and no thinking doesn't hurt (there I beat you to the punch line). I have a theory that I experience minor pain when people in my life are experience large amounts of pain. Here is why I have this feeling.

The day of Nikki's accident, I felt like crud. I couldn't pin point just why I didn't feel good, but I knew that I didn't feel well. About the time of the accident (I know this now) I really started to feel ill. I had a sharp pain my head, my left hand wouldn't function properly, and my left leg was tingly. Piecing it together now, I realize I felt this way because of two things. That morning, a friend of mine, who happens to be Nikki's sister in law (she's married to Nikki's brother) was is a minor fender bender on her way to work in Fort Wayne. About the time I started experiencing the larger pain, Nikki had her accident.

Not knowing why I didn't feel right, I came to work today. While I didn't, and still don't, feel ill, I don't feel 100% either. I started having severe chest and back pain. I felt like I was being shocked with a taser (not like I'd actually know that feeling, but it's the only think I can think to compare it to). The pain bounced off my sternum and hit my spine, where a numbness traveled down my back into my hip and caused my leg to twitch. It is still doing that now, but that's besides the point. Right after the pain was getting worse and I was debating calling the chiropractor and leaving work, Ayron called. A brother of his employee was killed in a car accident.

I discussed my theory with a friend of mine and that only caused me to think more. The night I found out about my parents divorce I was at Ayron's house and he brought me home because I didn't feel well. We walked in the door the exact moment the "d" bomb was dropped.

Last summer when my sister messed up her back, I was at home sitting and I had a strange shock run down my back. The phone rang and it was my sister in extreme pain.

Is this some kind of spiritual gift that I don't know about? Am I the only person that experiences this? If the accident of an employees brother is what brought about my pain this morning, then why is it back this afternoon? I know, I know, go to the doctor. I am seriously thinking about it.

2 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

If the pain is significant, then definitely see a doc.

That being said:

It is possible that Holy Spirit is speaking to you through this. I don't know why. Ask Him. :)

But I don't think you're crazy.

Anonymous said...

Well... I think you're crazy, but not necessary from this. *wink* I, for the most part, know when the H.S. is allowing me to empathize with someone who is sad/angry/in pain/happy/ect... I'll be driving and get a funny feeling and decide to call someone to see if they are okay. It has happened on more than one occasion that when I call is right when they needed to talk to someone. I'm not saying that this is what is happening to you, Carmie... maybe you just need to go to a doctor, but maybe it's the Holy Spirit giving you a hint that you should start praying or make a phone a call.