Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm Hired!

Today was my meeting with the commissioners about me becoming a full time employee. I made sure I drug my boss away from his desk and we got to the meeting about 10 minutes early. They commented that this was the first time in a long time that my boss has been early. He told them it was my doing. Gold star #1 for me. When it was our turn, my boss stood up and said, "I'd like to hire Carma full time. She teaches for the day program and coordinates the evening program. The CC Board approved her hire and her salary will come from the XYZ (I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you) grant. " That was it. No fabulous introduction. No prying questions from the board. Just like that I became a full time government employee. I managed to wade my way through the paperwork. Heck, they are adding to my PERF and I was able to get a $25,000 life insurance policy (I know it's not a ton, but it's better than the one I currently have- NONE) for free. I spent more time getting dressed this morning than they did thinking their decision through.

No comments: