Monday, January 29, 2007

Many Fishtales But Never A Doughnut

Growing up in Indiana, I have experience driving in this wonderful winter weather. While I've never been in an accident, I have gone off the road twice. The first time happened while driving to school my senior year. I was the 4th DHS student to slide off the road in the same spot on 35. I managed to get myself out of the corn field and to school. I called dad when I got to school and while I was still freaked out, he laughed at me. The second time happened while I was driving home from Ayron's old house. All of the sudden, I couldn't see a thing. I had a feeling that I wasn't on the road. I put the car in park, and called Ayron. He and his father came and got me out of the ditch and when I returned the next day, I realized that I was all of 3 inches away from hitting a tree head on. But, I have never done a doughnut.

Last night Ayron and I needed to return some equipment from the Auburn store. When he pulled into the parking lot, he did a doughnut and I screamed. While it was fun, I had no clue it was coming! He amused me by doing several more before we left. He laughed at the fact that I had never done one before. Well now I can say that I have experienced a controlled doughnut and it was fun.

3 comments:

nathan said...

hmmm...
perhaps you could tell my wife it was fun and how highly you recommend doughnuts. she should hear what she is missing. the mustang (with traction control off) is a lot of fun in the snow!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was gonna say, I *can't* do doughnuts in my Grand Am, what with the Traction Control and the ABS.

For the most part, I'm ok with that though. :)

Anonymous said...

I recommend donut doing when you are learning to drive! Find a big empty parking lot. Dad TOOK me to DO donuts when I first was driving. I don't even think Mom got upset, unless she didn't know. :-)

(They also made me wait to take my driver's road test for my license in JANUARY on a day it was SNOWING -- on PURPOSE!!!!!!