Thursday, January 25, 2007

Doing Better

I have been in a funk for the entire week. I don't like being that way. I am crabby, nonproductive, and just plain yucky. I decided to spend some time in prayer and meditation today at work. But first, I decided that I needed a snack. I went down the road to the gas station and bought a Sprite and Seyfert's Cheese popcorn. I came back to my office, popped in WOW 2003, the Silver Cd and started "meditating." Only, I can't sit still. I'm sure if anyone is outside looking in my office window they are getting a show displaying my wonderful chair dancing abilities. It's amazing what popcorn, pop and Toby Mac's "Irene" can do for a person.

"Hush little baby don't you cry, daddy's gonna sing you a lullabye...."

2 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

Oh, my...

Anonymous said...

I've had the same kind of week. In my case, and very possibly in yours, welcome to a touch of seasonal depression. And PMS (in my case with a vengance this month).

When things get bad enough that I finally remember to meditate/pray/ask for help, things improve, but then I go back on my merry way of thinking I can handle my life just fine all by myself, thank you.

You'd think I'd learn.