Monday, January 08, 2007

CrAzY wEeKeNd!

I had one heck of a weekend. Friday was the funeral for Ayron's grandmother. It was nice and small, but the cemetery was a flood. We did a mock set up because they were afraid the ground would cave in if we actually stood around the dug grave. Then after the funeral I had to deal with several work issues (still trying to figure them all out, and it's Monday). While we were in Ft. Wayne, we stopped by Parkview to see Nikki. When we got there, she was finishing up rehab, and they discharged her. We helped get her all loaded up and on her way home. She was so excited to get out of there, and I can't say that I blame her. We helped her get settled at home, and then we took Scooter to his vet appointment. He no longer has worms or worm eggs in his poo (yeah rah) and they gave him two shots. He got the combination shot that all puppies get and then we went ahead and had him microchiped. Then we went out on an official date. We haven't gone out on a "date" in a long time. We went to Mad Anthony Tap Room in Auburn. We were going to go see a movie, but neither one of us could stay awake, so we went home. We did end up watching "The Break Up." Wait, let me clarify, Ayron watched, and I slept.

Ayron left for Florida Saturday afternoon. I thought I was ok with being home alone, until I got home from Ft. Wayne (I needed some new jeans) to discover that I had nothing to do, all of my friends were sick or busy, and that I had to entertain myself. I lost it. I was crying and I called Ayron, and his boss offered to get me a red eye flight to meet them. I almost took them up on it, but heck, work went to pot when I missed one planned day, what would happen if I missed two unplanned days! I managed to calm myself down.

I spent Saturday watching movies. Auburn has a new video store, the only video store, and they are doing a promo where all movies are 99 cents to rent. I watched "The Break Up," "Step Up," and "John Tucker Must Die." Mostly mind numbing movies, but I had fun.

Now it's back to the grind of work and trying to figure everything all out. I think I need to join a yoga class for relaxation, but I don't know where I'd fit it into my schedule. Maybe I'll go back to tanning a couple of times a week. I know, I know, skin cancer, etc. But I need the fake sun to help me through this crappy weather we've been having.

Well, these problems aren't going to solve themselves, so I better get to work.

3 comments:

todd helmkamp said...

You can email us anytime you're lonely or bored. I check my email every 30 minutes or so.

Also, how does tanning help? Just curious.

Carma said...

tanning helps with the sad feeling. i'm the only one in my family not on some kind of anti-depressent, and the tanning helps. fake sun. plus it gives me 15 minutes of me time which no one can interrupt.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...tanning. i always liked that. except i always smelled a little odd after the fake bake. maybe it was the smell of the microwaved skin cells flaking off my body...hehe

hey, we've missed you and ayron. hope you guys are adjusting to your new home very nicely. good to hear nikki is home!

on a separate note, it's good to know there are no worms in Fido's poo. nor eggs.

hope to see you guys again soon! (like...Friday?)