Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Feeling Deflaited

Blech. It's one of those days. It's beautiful out, yet I feel like crud. I don't know if I am fighting off a cold or if it's all a part of this whole pregnancy thing. We went to the chiropractor last night. That felt wonderful! I didn't realize how out of alignment I was.

I came into work today to discover I had two positive drug screens to report. Blech. That will ruin your day right there. So I spent an hour doing those reports. It's frustrating. These kids don't get it. You can't cheat the drug screen. They pay people to try to come up ways to cheat it, then change the test. I don't know why they act so surprised when I tell them that they came back positive. If I have to say, "Don't tell me you didn't smoke any pot because the test shows that you did, and quite a lot too." one more time....Geez kids. Oh, my favorite excuse, "Well, I was in a car with someone who was smoking it."

Comeback # 1: That was not a wise decision on your part. If the car would have gotten pulled over everyone would have been in trouble."

Comeback #2: Hmm. That's interesting because your levels were so high that you must have been sucking on the same joint."

Comeback #3: I'm hoping you have a better excuse because that one will not fly with the judge.

I know, I'm cynical. Maybe I've done this for too long. I want be believe that they are good kids who mess up, but after repeated mess ups, I lose hope. The school has already given up on them, so has probation, so I feel really bad losing hope too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you really want the truth about what they've been using, how much and for how long--hair sample. It's all right there.

Depressing though.