Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Ending for the Week

So this week has been hell. Sorry is my language offends you, but I really can't think of any other way to convey it. When I pulled into the parking lot today I got frustrated. Next to my office (really a house) there is a county employee parking lot. There are three spots right next to the house that are supposed to be for my program only. The sheriffs department has already stolen one spot for their trailer that gets used like once a year (nope, not bitter at all). No point in arguing with them, so I was content with two spaces. Then when I pull in today there is a big truck in one spot. Frustrated I walked over to my bosses office and asked, "Who parked the huge truck in my spot?"

To which my boss asked, "Do you like the truck?"

"Does it matter if I like the truck? It is parked odd and is taking up two spaces."

My boss laughed, "So move it."

"Yeah, sure, I'll just hot wire the beast and move it."

"No need, here's the key."

Turns out I got a truck while I was gone and didn't know it! Yeah for me! We have been looking for a used 4 door truck to be used by my program during the week and juvenile work crew on the weekends. This way the garbage can be thrown into the bed of the truck. Best of all, it is a chick truck. Let me explain what a chick truck is. A friend of mine calls dually trucks where the wheel well sticks out on each side a chick truck because it has hips. My truck sure does have hips. While it is a chick truck, I have decided to name it Herbie. Herbie is a lovely shade of green and sparkles nicely thanks to the inmates who gave him a bath this morning. There is one problem with Herbie, he has an ugly tattoo. His tattoo reads "Harold Chevrolet." (I threw that in there for my friend Todd who works for Harold). I am afraid that they are going to take my lovely Herbie and give him another tattoo on each front door. Hopefully we can just get some large magnets to put on the side when I let work crew borrow him.

It's been a long day already and Ayron is at home sick. Don't worry, party is still on for Sunday. I should get out of here and go check on him.

1 comment:

todd helmkamp said...

Thanks. Thanks SO much. :)