Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Another Lesson In Patience

Do you ever feel like God is punishing you? Ok, so I don't believe God is like that, but I do think he is teaching me a lesson in patience. I never prayed for patience, that is a double edged sword, but none the less, God has his own agenda.

I just got off the phone with my university supervisor for student teaching. Turns out my crack job of a cooperating teacher called her today all upset and rambling on about all of these days I've missed. He rambled on about nothing for 45 minutes before my university supervisor made up some excuse about having to leave. I would like to state that I have only missed two days. I missed one day because I had to rush Ayron to the dentist and I missed today. Was a running to the bathroom every 10 minutes to get sick today? YES! Did I drag my sick butt to school to help get him set up for the day today? YES! Did he lecture me about not going to the doctor? YES! Did he push me out the door today to come home and rest? YES! Mind you, two weeks ago I spent the night in the ER and I drug my butt to school the next day on one hour, ONE HOUR of sleep. He has to have some blood work done and he misses the whole day. I am getting sick out of both ends and I am made out to be the villain. Well, good does come from evil.

My university supervisor managed to all but call him a flake over the phone today. She then called the university IPFW student teaching coordinator and talked to her about him for an hour and all of the stress he has caused me over the past three weeks. I am proud to say that he will NEVER be allowed to have a student teacher again! THANK YOU GOD!! It just sucks that I had to be the "failed experiment." I was reassured that his comments and endless nagging phone calls to the university will not alter my grade in any way. As long as I finish out the 11 days left, I am home free.

On a more positive note, my cousin Becky and her husband Bobby adopted a Filipino boy today. His name is Noah and he is five years old. He speaks English very well and has been in the local kindergarten for about three weeks. A doctor brought him to the US in hopes of finding a loving family, and he did. Noah is legal blind. He only has one actual eye ball and that one doesn't work. He is currently learning how to real Braille in school along with everything else a kindergarten learns. Adoption amazes me. I hope to one day be able to adopt. I know it is expensive, but Ayron and I have discussed it. His uncle and aunt adopted a brother and sister from Russia five years ago and they look EXACTLY like the family. I am not kidding. Alex is a shrunken version of his dad and ayron. Regan looks exactly like her mom. It's funny that their adopted children look more like them then their own biological daughters do! Just more proof that God has a sense of humor!

Well now that I have vented my anger and shared my joys I will get ready for soccer. Ayron plays indoor soccer at the Classic City Center in Waterloo. Unfortunately, most of our games this session don't begin until 9. It makes for a late night, but it's fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky Cook and Bobby? WOW! That's cool, and Aunt Mick forgot to mention it on the phone the other night! (Unless she doesnt' know yet?)

Aunt L