Saturday, November 19, 2005

Venting

Ok, so I was reviewing the evaluation I was given on Thursday for student teaching when I realized I was only given a "3" for appropriate dress. I had worn grey dress slacks and a mauve blouse. I had worn that outfit one other time when I was being evaluated and I was given a "4." I emailed my evaluator and asked why the difference. I thought I was wearing a nice outfit considering the teachers in the school I am in come to work in jeans and a t-shirt. She said that my shirt wasn't ironed. I am ticked because I purposely spent time washing and ironing both my pants and shirt the night before. Here is my logic. I did iron it. If I wear the shirt for 6 hours before you see me, I am bound to create some wrinkles (I wore a coat, I sat in a computer desk chair, etc.). I know that I shouldn't be mad, it was only one "3" but I feel like she was hypocritical. If she took the time to look at my supervising teacher (who was in jeans, a white undershirt and hiking boots) she would have realized that I was dressed up. Just to retaliate, on Friday I wore jeans, a pink pull over (tunic style) sweater and sneakers. Oh well. It's just another boring Saturday afternoon with nothing to do so I am freaking out about little stuff from the past.

I had planned on reading all day but I can't seem to find my book. I might have to venture under the bed. YIKES! I did however manage to do 5 loads of laundry and clean the bathroom sink, toilet, tub and closet. Oh and I also helped to gut and clean 3 large deer this morning.

My father-in-law went hunting with a buddy of his and they were only out for an hour and they were able to shoot all three. It's odd that this city girl now knows how to shoot, clean, skin, quarter and process a deer, a cow and a pig.

I took my 2 year old niece out to see the deer (dad is trying to make her a tom-boy while mom wants a princess) because she wanted to mind you, I didn't drag her against her will. She kept pointing to the back of the truck and saying, "Shhh Marma, the deer is sleeping." It was funny. Then when we got ready to clean out the back of the truck she decided that the deer had "pooped" in grandpa's truck. She is defiantly not a girly girl because I had to keep her from picking up the esphogas after we cut it out. She kept saying the deer was "sticking its tongue out"' at her so she would to it back and sing the "Na Na Na Na Na." Of course, skiddish grandma was inside watching freaking out the whole time because there were three dead deer spread out across the back yard and all three of her granddaughters were helping. Well I still have two episodes of "Sex in the City" to watch (gotta love Netflix).

No comments: