Saturday, November 26, 2005

Shopping Surprise

I managed to drag my sister out Christmas shopping yesterday and to our surprise we discovered a new store in the Glennbrook Mall. It is called Torrid. It is for "plus" sized women and it is cool. Natalee actually tried on 3 or 4 dresses. Yes, family and relatives, you did read right. DRESSES!!! We feel in love with the store. Move over Fashion Bug and Layne Bryant I have a new favorite store. I am especially proud of myself because I didn't buy anything there yesterday. I could have gone nuts, but I didn't. However, I am planning on hitting the sales after the holiday's!

I attempted to make contact with two high school friends yesterday. It's amazing how we all still live in the same town, yet rarely meet. We are all so busy figuring out our lives. Turns out that "S" is thinking of moving to Idaho. I applaud her. I wouldn't have the guts to move on my own. It will be cool though because some other people our age from her church are out there. I have yet to hear from "E" though and curious about what she has been doing. "S" told me that someone we know is now engaged and my thought was, "She is way to young!" Then I realized I should shut my brain off because I was 20 when I was engaged and married right before I turned 22. I guess if I realized that she is old enough to be getting married then I feel old. I am not old darn it! I am only 22. Yet, student teaching has taught me I am getting old.

Well I should go help decorate the house for Christmas. My mother-in-law gets into decorating and right now it looks like Santa Claus has yarked all over the living room. Boxes of ornaments are everywhere!

No comments: