Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Almost Forgot, I'm Domestic!

I almost forgot! This afternoon I baked two apple pies! One has a solid top crust while the other one is lattice! I also baked cookies and will ice them tomorrow! Former Family and Consumer Science Major (that's "home ec" for all of you non-politically correct people) strikes again.

Oh, an answered prayer. A family friend has been struggling after a horrible break up. He was emotionally and physically abusive etc. She is out in California at school and really struggling, but just this past week she has met a new guy and they are just friends. But she has nothing but positive things to say about him and it is so up lifting to hear her be happy again. I guess they have known of each other for awhile, but he finally asked her out on a date and they climbed a mountain, and then hiked back down and watched the sun set. He managed to steal a small kiss, he said, "I know you've been said and I know you've been through a lot. I just want to take it slow and if that means we only remain friends, I would love it." He is so sweet to her! I hope things work out. He is doing a semester abroad this spring and she said that while she will miss him, she will use the time to find herself and decide if she wants to be more than friends with him. I am so happy for her!

1 comment:

Carma said...

Nope, I didn't have the ingredients. I'm sure you will be able to suffer through the pie any ways.