Saturday, November 05, 2005

Procrastination Pounces Persistently

I have decided that the portfolio process required of education students at IPFW (an other colleges) only teaches two things. Oraganization and procrastination. I spent countless hours 3 weeks ago updating my portfolio and only had 2 more artifacts to complete. After spending that much time on the other 28 artifacts plus other introductory mandatory materials, I can't make myself do the last 2 things. I have the portfolio spread out over the entire dinning room table. It is like the last 4 1/2 years of my education has just vomitted all over the room. Depressing that I pay so much money, and my whole education comes down to a 4 inch thick binder. Sad, but true. And the kicker is, all of this work leads to a job in education. Don't get me wrong, I love education, and I love what I am doing. But lets be realistic, teachers at a public high school get paid...well...on average...SQUAT. We do it for the love of the kids. Sounds corny, I know, but it's true. Well at least my portfolio is almost done. Let see what else I can find to do instead of working on it.

No comments: