Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wisdom Teeth Wisdom

I wrote this in May after having all four of my wisdom teeth cut out. My sister posted it in her blog, so I decided to steal back my writing from her and post it in my blog!

Everyone- After becoming sick of the comment ("if you have your wisdom teeth out will you still be wise?") I have developed an answer. YES! After having mine out, all of mine, out on Friday I have learned some interesting and valuable things.

1. Nitrous Oxide is fun, in the beginning. It is when they ask you to stand up and move that it does odd things to your stomach.

2. That whole line the dentist gives you about "You won't feel a thing..." is a LIE. What they fail to mention is that an hour after the surgery when you are home resting quiety and the dentist is a safe distance away from your grasp the drugs will begin to wear off and you will begin to realize that you just paid some stranger a whole heck of a lot of money to cuase you pain.

3. Solid food is our friend. After eating nothing but applesauce(the mixed berry kind), rasberry yogurt (the kids kind), and soft serve ice cream I can no longer fill out my skinny pants. Every woman has that one pair of pants they cant bring themselves to throw out because "someday" she'll be able to lay one the bed, with a coat hanger, and struggle to get the zipper up. My "skinny" pants dont even stay up!

4. There are an unneccesary amount of food commericals on tv. When all I can do is lay there and "drink" jello, the television people decide they need to repeat the same Applebee's and Arby's commericals. All I can say is "Look out curly fries and steak cuz as soon as I can chew, you're mine!"

5. Malto-Meal is our friend. Yes, Grandma R is probably rolling over in her grave right now, but malto-meal is my friend. I woke up this morning with a craving for malto-meal. I hope this never happens again!

6. Codine does odd things to the R-family stomach. Tylenol rapid release has become my best friend! After many painful failed attempts to take the prescribed pain medicine with 7-up (why in the world if your stomach is already sick do they give you 7-up, the bubbles do not help! Sorry Chrissy, I do not belive you!).

7. Mom and A [the fiance--July 2nd] snore- Normally this does not bother nor shock me. But when you have to sleep in the recliner and they "volunteer" to sleep on the couch with you and you cannot have your codine, your mind begins to wonder if that blue pillow would actually fit in their mouths?

8. People are unneccessarly polite- While trying to take a walk around the cul-de-sac (fun word for funny shaped not complete circle) with the dog last night I ran into our neighbor. I know I looked funny, she knew I looked funny. She kept trying to "sneak" a peek at my face when I wasnt looking. She the polietly said "You look different." It wasn't a statement it was a question. People, I know I look funny! Come one! Laugh at me, I don't mind.

For all the complaining I've done, I'm sure one day I"ll be happy I had them out. When that day will arrive, I have no clue, but until then I have a fridge full of applesauce, icecream, and pudding to keep me company.

No comments: