Friday, November 18, 2005

Praying for Patience

I have always been told not to pray for patience, so when I met my "cooperating teacher" for my middle school student teaching experience, I prayed for guidance. Ok, so I knew I couldn't trick God, but I thought if I didn't specifically say "patience" then I wouldn't specifically get "patience." Ok, so my logic is a wee bit twisted and off, but whatever. So after being through a "hell" like situation for the past three weeks, I have come to a conclusion. God is teaching me patience by "allowing" me to work with this certain teacher. He is a bit of a distracted and hyperactivity kindergarten. He is disorganized and a bit out there and we are like oil and water. After taking with my University Supervisor and other student teachers, I have come to realize that I only have three weeks left, and if I can survive the first three weeks, I can certainly survive the last three weeks. Monday starts a new tri-mester and I am worried. I just discovered that in my first period class I will have 38 students. 38! That is way to many! That is 18 too many! I don't even have that many desks in my classroom. They have to bring me 5 more desks. I don't have the room for 5 more desks! Why don't school boards recognize overcrowding? Well, like I said, I survived the first three weeks I can survive the last three weeks.

1 comment:

Carma said...

Just goes to show that God has a sick sense of humor. Get this, I had a student who tried to use a laptop (ok, so it was like the first laptop ever made, but still) on her final exam. I didn't fall for the "It's in my IEP" attempt.